Wheel Throwing for Beginners
August 16th till 20th of September, Wednesday mornings 10 am-12:30 pm
Price: $520 includes – a bag of clay, glazes, and underglazes
Wheel Throwing for beginners with Andre’s from Pachamama Clay House.
This course will allow you to learn basic techniques in wheelwork. this creative process is beautiful and quite meditative in nature. You will have a “taste” of this process from preparing your clay to glazing and finishing your own handmade pieces.
In this course, you will get the opportunity to learn and experience:
- Introduction of clay types and preparation for wheel throwing
- preparation of clay for throwing -wedging
- Basic skill of throwing on the wheel: centering, pulling up, opening the form
- Basic design principals
Included in the workshop:
- Bag of clay
- Variety of Tools
- 6 pottery wheels
- Studio equipment and tools
- Slips & glazes
- 3 pieces mug size will be included in the course – FREE of charge
- Different ways of decorating using underglaze, sgraffito, engraving, and more
*Please note: firing your pieces will have a fee applied, this will be determined by the weight. (13.50 per kg).
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes that can get muddy, closed shoes
- A large towel dedicated for play/clay (pre-loved one is perfect)
- Patience and your creative flare
- Tea and coffee supplied with love
- Feel free to bring along a snack and lunch
Feedback from Past Students
“I’ve obtained knowledge & skills to pursue pottery as a relaxing activity. Thank you.” Sue Petruszka
“The class was fun and interesting and I came away with some impressive pottery pieces.” Lisa Joel
Once your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will be your receipt and inform you of the dates, time, and venue of your course, it will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you. Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Terms and Conditions:
Please note our classes are very small and in high demand so we are unable to offer you a refund if you can’t make it.
If you miss a class, we can offer you a make-up studio time if possible.
Payments For Classes:
I’m happy to offer two types of payments for you to choose from:
1. Online Payment: follow the Book Now link above and you will be able to pay by credit card – fees apply.
2. Bank Transfer: where you are able to deposit money directly to my account with no
fees, please let me know if you want to use this option as payment will be needed to secure your spot. add your name as a reference and please let me know when you do so I can keep track of the number of enrollments. Email Tali [email protected] to arrange.