Pottery Introduction Class
February 13th till April 2nd, Thursday mornings 10am-1pm
Price: $560 includes – bag of clay, glazes and underglazes
This course will provide you with the opportunity to learn basic techniques in handbuilding and wheel work. Both of these creative processes are beautiful and quite different in nature. You will have a “taste” of both worlds and finish your own handmade pieces.
In this course you will get the opportunity to learn and experience:
- Introduction of clay types and preparation for wheel throwing and hand building
- Basic skill of throwing on the wheel: centring, pulling up, opening the form
- Building and joining with slabs and coils
- Basic design principals
Included in the workshop:
- Bag of clay of your choice
- Variety of Tools
- 4 pottery wheels
- Studio equipment and tools
- Slips & glazes
- Different ways of decorating using underglaze, sgraffito, engraving and more
*please note: firing your pieces will have a fee applied, this will be determined by the weight.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes that can get muddy, closed shoes
- A large towel dedicated for play/clay (pre loved one is perfect)
- Patience and your creative flare
- Tea and coffee supplied with love
- Feel free to bring along a snack and lunch
Feedback from Past Students
“I’ve obtained knowledge & skills to pursue pottery as a relaxing activity. Thank you.” Sue Petruszka
“Tali was a wonderful teacher. The class was fun and interesting and I came away with some impressive pottery pieces.” Lisa Joel
Once your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will be your receipt and inform you of the dates, time and venue of your course, it will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you. Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Terms and Conditions:
Please note our classes are very small and in high demand so we are unable to offer you refund if you can’t make it.
If you miss a class , we can offer you make up class where possible.
Payments For Morning and Evening Classes:
I’m happy to offer two type of payments for you to choose from:
1. Online Payment: follow the Book Now link above and you will be able to pay by credit card – fees apply.
2. Bank Transfer: where you are able to deposit money direct to my account with no
fees, please add your name as reference and please let me know when you do so I can keep track of the numbers of enrollments. Email Tali [email protected] to arrange.